Next time you eat out check the bill, you won’t find service charge in it.If it is there tell the restaurant it is no more valid.
The government has made it optional for the consumers. The department of consumer affairs has made anotification to states asking them to tell hotels and restaurants to waive it off. It is voluntary and a customer dissatisfied with the service can waive it off.
Following the complaints the department of consumer affairs asked for an explanation from hotel association of india which said that it is completely discretionary for the customers.
The consumer protection act 1986 provides for this facility where a consumer can complain for any trade practice which is done to promote sales, use or supply of any goods or for provision of any service, adopts any unfair means or deceptive practice, is to be treated as unfair trade practice, and that a consumer can make a complain to the appropriate consumer forum established under the act against such unfair practice.
The minister of state for external affairs has come up with some new rules for passport application.
These rules are applied in the categories of orphaned child, single mothers, government employees and sadhus.
- Before : all people born on or after 26 Jan 1989 were mandatory to submit a date of birth proof.
- Now: The passport authority has mandated 8 new DOB proofs
- Birth Certificate (BC) issued by the Registrar of Births & Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India.
- Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognised by educational board and containing the DOB of the applicant.
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- The copy of the service record of the applicant of Government servant or the Pay Pension Order of the retired government Servants duly attested or certified by the officer-in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry or Department of the applicant, having his Date of Birth (DOB).
- Driving licence issued by the Transport Department of concerned State Government, having the DOB of applicant.
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India having the DOB of applicant.
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy.
- Name of one legal gaurdian is required in case of children.
- No need to disclose the name of your spouse now.
- Number of annexes brought down
- From 15 to 9, All the annexes that are required to be given by the applicants would be in the form of a self declaration on a plain paper. No attestation/swearing by/before any Notary/Executive Magistrate/First Class Judicial Magistrate would be henceforth necessary.
- Married applicants will not be required to provide Annexure K or any marriage certificate.
- Orphaned children who do not have any proof of DOB such as Birth Certificate or the Matriculation Certificate or the declaratory Court order, may now submit a declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant.
- In case of children not born out of wedlock, the applicant for the passport of such children should submit only Annexure G while submitting the passport application.
- In case of issue of passport to in-country domestically adopted children, submission of the registered adoption deed would no longer be required. In the absence of any deed to this effect, the passport applicant may give a declaration on a plain paper confirming the adoption.Government servants, who are not able to obtain the Identity Certificate (Annexure-B)/ No-Objection Certificate (Annexure-M) from their concerned employer and intend to get the passport on urgent basis can now get the passport by submitting a self-declaration in Annexure-‘N’ that he/she has given prior Intimation letter to his/her employer informing that he/she was applying for an ordinary passport to a Passport Issuing Authority.
- Sadhus/ Sanyasis can apply for a passport with the name of their spiritual Guru mentioned in the passport application in lieu of their biological parent(s) name(s) subject to their providing of at least one public document such as Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India, PAN card, Adhar Card, etc wherein the name of the Guru has been recorded against the column(s) for parent(s) name(s)
The Indian prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi addressed the nation on 31st December 2016. Here are the main points.
- 8% interest rate will be guaranteed on deposits of up to Rs 7.5 lakh for 10 years for senior citizens; interest will be paid monthly.
- Rs 6,000 to be put into accounts of pregnant women in 650 districts for vaccination and other medical use.
- Banks have been asked to raise cash credit limit to small business to 25% from 20%.
- Government to stand guarantee for loans up to Rs 2 crore from current Rs 1 crore, to small businesses.
- 3% interest waiver on loan up to Rs 2 lakh for construction of houses in rural India.
- Government to pay interest for 60 days on loans taken by farmers for rabi season from district cooperative banks and primary societies.
- Two new schemes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to provide 4% interest waiver on loan of up to Rs 9 lakh and of 3% on loan up to Rs 12 lakh.